Sunday, March 6, 2011

What To Do With Old Ironing Boards

The story and poem This week

Today we present in our section a short story, time without time , Alvaro Unfair Menem, poet, playwright, journalist, El Salvador, with numerous publications of short stories, plays, poetry to his credit. On the other hand a poet, Pablo Neruda, and a poem, The potter, who need not presentation. We hope you enjoy.

time without time
Álvaro Menendez Unfair

A passenger to another
"Excuse me, sir, my watch has stopped. What time do you have?
"Oh, sorry, mine stopped too.
-By chance ... to 8.l7?
"Yes, to 8.l7.
"Then it happened, really.
"Yes, at that time.



Potters
Pablo Neruda

Your whole body is
drink or sweetness destined for me.

When I raise my hand
in each place a dove
looking for me, as if they had, love, made of clay
for my own potter's hands.

Your knees, your breasts, your waist are missing
me like the hollow
a thirsty land where they relinquished
a way,
and together we are complete as one river
as a single arena.

0 comments:

Post a Comment